Sunday, July 8, 2012

Nectarine Quick Bread

This Sunday morning, I was volunteering at a new Wildlife Center. This is exactly the kind of stuff I love to do. However, I couldn't do it. I couldn't stay more than four hours. Reason you ask. Well, the animals who lived there were awesome and adorable. The people even were kind of nice. Honestly, I felt like I was on an episode of Hoarders, and I needed to leave...immediately. 

So, I spent the rest of the day napping and making this Nectarine Quick Bread.

Last night, my nectarines that were all recently purchased went extremely ripe...and lets face it, they are just messy to eat, and I'm not going to be the girl with dribbles on her shirt. Instead, I decided to make this sweet and tangy quick bread. 


Nectarine Quick Bread
yields 1 loaf
recipe adapted from Simply Recipes

You will need:
  • 3-4 ripe nectarines, smashed
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Directions:

Pre-heat the oven to 350˙F.
Take a wooden spoon and mix coconut oil into the mashed nectarines. Then add the egg, sugar, and vanilla.

 
Sprinkle in the baking soda an salt. Lastly, add the flour and mix well. 



Pour into a oiled 4x8 loaf pan and put in the oven for about 45-50 minutes. Cool on rack and enjoy a nice slice.

2 comments:

  1. Stop. Tell me you saved me some!! Ps I just tweeted you and used #hoardigburiedalive we are so in sync.

    Love, Darjean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Thank you so much for posting this. I have 25 lbs of nectarines to use, and this is how most of them are going to end up! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete