Thursday, July 5, 2012

Apricot Energy Bars

Happy belated birthday America! 








Today, like every other day this week, has been record breaking hot. Like you can fry an egg on the ground hot. Like my skin melts when I get out of my car hot. Today, I found my coconut oil completely liquified. That in itself is an event. Here's the thing... Butter and I do not mix well. I will modify pretty much every recipe that I look at to make it not have butter. Instead, I use coconut oil...a lot of coconut oil.

With that said, I made these amazingly delicious raw vegan Apricot Coconut Energy Bars before work today. This recipe is a Shutterbean original, and they are just filled with goodness and not some processed crap that grocery stores sell to you. #sorryforthrowingyouunderthebus
Apricot Coconut Energy Bars
First you need to gather all the ingredients and pull out your food processor.

Start by pulsing the cashews by themselves. Then set these aside until the very end.

Now add the apricots and pulse them until they are chopped up a bit. When the apricots start forming a ball, add the rest of the ingredients.

 After a few minutes, your mixture should look a little like this.


 Finally, add your cashews and mix everything together.


When everything is mixed together, take your mixture and pour it onto a small baking pan lined with parchment paper. 


Now press the mixture so that it is compact. You can use a measuring cup to do this, or in my case, I just used my hands. 

Cover them and put in the freezer. Wait about 30 mins to an hour. I usually can't wait that long.

Take them out of the pan and cut them into nice rectangles and eat the sides. And then eat the bars. Just don't eat them all at once. 

makes 8
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 1 cup dries apricots (I have used dried pears too and they were delicious)
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 2 tbsp agave syrup
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
  • 3 tbsp hemp seeds
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment