Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kale Tacos with Caramelized Onions, Tomatoes, Feta Cheese, and Balsamic Glaze

I love it. You can make anything into a taco.
I was listening to some Joy the Baker, and she inspired me to "Taco-fy" my dinner. 
I made some Kale Tacos when I got home yesterday, and they were delicious and filled with all my favorite things...cooked onions, tomatoes, and of course, kale. I did add a small amount of feta cheese to this, but you can totally enjoy the tacos without it. 
Speaking of cheese, did I tell you of my cheese binge as I was cooking? Yeah, I went to Mariano's, and I needed basil for a different recipe. All they had in the store was a huge bunch of basil. SO instead of going someplace else, I ended up purchasing a tub of fresh mozzarella balls, and I filled up on mini capreses the whole night. 


So let's talk tacos...


Kale Tacos with Caramelized Onions, Cherry Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese with a Balsamic Glaze
makes 4 tacos
Ingredients:
1 bunch of Kale, deribbed 
1/2 of a sweet/yellow onion
8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Any tortilla of your liking ( I used small white corn tortillas)
1 ounce of chopped feta cheese (I used a goat milk style)
Balsamic glaze of your choosing (Isola Classic cream)
Salt/pepper to taste
Directions:
Heat olive oil to a medium size sauce pan. Toss in your onions and garlic and keep the heat low. When onions are looking tender, add in tomatoes and kale. Cover pot so the kale will steam. Give mixture a good 10-15 mins to cook everything down.
In a separate skillet, lightly oil and toss in tortillas to warm them up. You only need about a minute on each side.
Assembly: 
Add a small amount of mixture onto open faced tortilla. Top with some feta cheese and drizzle balsamic glaze on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment