Monday, July 8, 2013

A word from myself last summer.



Well, at least I’m learning something. Right? Tell me that is the point of all this. Oh please, let me learn something. Let this shape me. Let me look back and say, “I learned so much…I wouldn’t change a thing”.
            Maybe I’m learning to celebrate the finest beams of light. Like my little cinnamon and sugar holder hiding in my mother in law’s kitchen. Like, a perfectly small and sincere egg waiting for me as a little thank you gift from my sweet birds. Like a big open mouthed kiss from the most beautiful girl to ever grace this dark planet. Like a husband who holds my hand even though it makes his skin feel weird. Like a best friend who sticks it out with you even though you’re in a tent in the woods covered in tics in a rain storm.
            Maybe I’m leaning more practical things. Like you have to keep a pair of flip flops in the car if you’re planning on wearing hot pink crocs in your real life in case you want to stop for a latte. Or to thank the great good God above for that daily bread of yours because He gives and takes away. Maybe I’m learning that it’s okay to just keep the olive oil out all day if it’s in a cute canister. Or that a spoon full of sugar helps the oatmeal go down.
            Maybe I’m learning all this to share it with someone who will eventually be in my shoes. Or maybe I’m learning it just as mere tools in my belt to use as I go on in life. Either way, I can trust that there is no such thing as wasted suffering and that everything works together for the good. And so, I will walk through the valley, if you want me to.


Love, Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment